Wednesday, August 4, 2010

06 Mary Ann Parina Journal Writing Entries

Asian Social Institute
Mary Ann Parina
Journal Writing Entries
August 3, 2010

1. Kailan mo naramdamang nakakaluwag ka sa buhay
(1. When do you feel/know that you are nakakaluwag in life?)

1. Para sa akin maraming ibig sabihin ang nakakaluwag sa buhay ang isa sa pumasok sa isip ko is yung di nakakaranas ng hirap sa buhay (mayaman na tao.) Tinanong ko ng paulit ulit ang sarili ko kung kelan ko ba nararamdamang nakakaluwag ako sa buhay ang isang pumasok sa isip ko yung mga problemang nalampasan ko na dumating sa buhay naming ng pamilya ko at sa sarili ko nung mga panahon na iyon di ko alam kung paano ako makakasurvive kami ng pamilya ko na ang lagi ko lang panlaban ay dasal [at] advice ng ibang tao. At sa tulong ng dasal at advice ng ibang tao nalampasan kong lahat. Na kung iisipin ko minsan para akong sirang tao na tumatawa na paano ko nalampasan.

1. To my mind, the life of ease (ang nakakaluwag sa buhay) has so many meanings, and the one that comes into my mind is someone (a rich person) that has never experienced life without ease (hirap sa buhay). I asked myself over and over again on what moment in my life that I experienced life with ease (nakakaluwag sa buhay) and what came into my mind is when I overcame those problems that my family faced, and at that time I have no idea how my family would be able to survive. My only defense was to pray always and someone else's advice. And with the prayers and advices of other people, I was able to survive them all. When I think about it [now], sometimes I look like an insane person laughing by myself on how I [miraculously] survived.

Life of ease (ang nakakaluwag sa buhay) has so many meanings: one meaning refers to a rich person who never experienced life without ease (hirap sa buhay); to be able to [miraculously] survive a problem.

2. Ano ang pakiramdam ng nakakaluwag sa buhay?
(2. What is the feeling of nakakaluwag in life?)

2. Sa mga problemang nalampasan ko sa buhay ang naramdaman ko nawala ang pagod sa isip ko at katawan ko dahil lagi kong pakiramdam may sakit ako. Masaya dahil nalampasan ko pero ang pinakapinagpapasalamat ko ay may aral akong natutunan at may mga tanong akong nasagot at wag iwasan ang problema isipin kung anong solusyon ang dapat gawin.

2. With all the problems I have surpassed in my life, I felt my tired mind and body found rest, because I always felt sick then. I’m happy because I survived, but I’m more grateful for all the lessons learned and the questions answered, and to never avoid the problems [in life] but I should rather seek solutions [to respond to them].

Life of ease (ang nakakaluwag sa buhay) means finding rest for the tired mind and body, having learned from life lessons after surviving a life without ease (hirap sa buhay).

3. Sa mga pagkakataong nakakaluwag ka sa buhay, saang bahagi ng buhay mo matatagpuan ang mga sumusunod? 3.1 ang Diyos, 3.2 ang iyong sarili, 3.3 ang iyong kapwa, at 3.4 ang kalikasan
(3. In the many situations that you are nakakaluwag in life, what part of your life do you find the following? 3.1 God, 3.2 self, 3.3 fellow being 3.4 creation)

3.1. Siya ang sentro ng buhay ko lahat ipinagpapasalamat ko kahit yung pangit at higit sa lahat yung magandang nangyari sa buhay ko.

3.1. He [God] is the center of all my life [and] I’m grateful even with the ugly, more so of the beautiful things that happened in my life.

Being grateful to God in either nakakaluwag (ease) [beautiful] or hindi nakakaluwag or gipit (without ease) [ugly] situations in life; either difficult times (panahon ng kagiptan) and time of ease (panahon ng kaluwagan).

3.2. Nalaman ko yung kahinaan ko nung mga panahong di ko alam ang gagawin ko pero in the end nalaman ko din yung strength ko, dumating sa puntong gusto ko tahimik lang at gusto ko nagsasaya lang ako lagi.

3.2. I realized my own weaknesses during the time that [I was confused and] had no idea of what I was supposed to do, but at the end I realized my own strengths. It even came to a point that I just simply kept quiet and all I wanted is [just] always enjoy life.

Learning from life lessons by seeing your strength and finding your joy.

3.3. Sa ibang tao nagshare ako lalo na sa mga kaibigan ko na malapit sa akin na yung mga dumating sa buhay ko na nalampasan ko na pinagdadaanan din nila. Matatapos din ang lahat basta samahan lang ng dasal at kilangan kumilos in the end magiging maayos din ang lahat.

3.3. I share to others, especially to my closed friends who are experiencing [at the moment] all the things I went through and survived them myself. Everything will just come to an end, just say a prayer and act on them, [because] at the end everything will just turn out well.

Generosity even more to those who are experiencing problems in life; optimism, prayers as well as actions are necessary so that all problems will end well.

3.4. Sa kalikasan pakiramdaman ko maganda ang paligid ko, lahat. Maayos pati ang panahon nakikisama tirik ang araw at kahit mainit mahangin at lahat ng makita ko maganda sa paningin ko at Masaya ako.

3.4. In nature I felt that [all] my surroundings are beautiful. Even the weather condition is one with me, the sun shines so bright, and though the temperature is hot, it’s windy [it helps bring a cool breeze] and all that I see is beautiful to my sight, and I’m happy.

Even the natural environment either reflects or affects our mental and physical condition and mood, rain represents sadness and sunshine signifies happiness.

4. Anong mga aral ang itinuturo sayo ng mga karanasang nakakaluwag sa buhay?
(4. What lessons do the experiences of nakakaluwag in life teach you?)

4. Ang aral na natutunan ko, tuloy ang buhay sa kabila ng mga pinagdaanan ko sa buhay at di sa lahat ng oras puro lungkot isipin mo yung mga magagandang bagay para sasaya ka, laging iisipin na may dahilan ang bawat bagay na nangyayari sa buhay pangit man ito o maganda.

4. The lesson I learned is that life goes on despite all the experiences I went through, and not all the time is sadness. [T]hink of all the beautiful things [in life] so that you will always be happy [and] always think that everything that happens in life has a purpose, beautiful or ugly [good or bad].

Life has a purpose, in either nakakaluwag (ease) [beautiful] or hindi nakakaluwag or gipit (without ease) [ugly] situations in life

5. Anong mga aral sa iyong pakiramdam na ituturo mo sa iyong kapwa?
(5. What lessons do you feel/think you will teach others?)

5. Lagi ko namang sinasabi sa mga taong malalapit sa akin at kahit yung mga taong di malapit sa akin na laging magdadasal at magpapasalamat at wag magpapatalo sa mga bagay na dumarating sa buhay lalo na ng problema, yan talaga ang kakambal nating mga tao di na talaga maiwasan yan magisip ng solusyon at wag iisiping walang bukas at di na pwedeng magsaya, wag kalilimutang magpasalamat.

(5. I had always told the people close to me and even those who were not, that they should always pray and give thanks and never let oneself be defeated by things that come up in life, especially with problems, which are really the twin-partners of us people. It is really unavoidable not to think of possible solution, and never ever think that there will be no more tomorrow and never also think that there is no more reason to rejoice, and never forget to be thankful)

Hopeful living with a grateful heart; prayers as well as actions are necessary so that all problems will end well.

KEY CONCEPTS:
• Life of ease (ang nakakaluwag sa buhay) has so many meanings: one meaning refers to a rich person who never experienced life without ease (hirap sa buhay); to be able to [miraculously] survive a problem; finding rest for the tired mind and body, having learned from life lessons after surviving a life without ease (hirap sa buhay).
• Being grateful to God & Life has a purpose in either nakakaluwag (ease) [beautiful] or hindi nakakaluwag or gipit (without ease) [ugly] situations in life; either difficult times (panahon ng kagiptan) and time of ease (panahon ng kaluwagan).
• Learning from life lessons by seeing your strength and finding your joy.
• Generosity even more to those who are experiencing problems in life; optimism, prayers as well as actions are necessary so that all problems will end well.
• Even the natural environment either reflects or affects our mental and physical condition and mood, rain represents sadness and sunshine signifies happiness.
• Hopeful living with a grateful heart; prayers as well as actions are necessary so that all problems will end well.

Keywords courtesy of MetaGlance:
"sa buhay",
"nalampasan ko",
"life",
"ang",
"nakakaluwag",
"ko na",
"mga",
"ease",
"problems",
"maganda",
"panahon",
"surroundings",
"yung",
"ako",
"experiences",
"end",
"tao",
"lahat",
"prayers",
"lessons",
"di ko",
"mind",
"time",
"happiness"