Friday, September 3, 2010

13 Nelca Leila Balisado-Villarin Journal Writing Entries

Asian Social Institute
Nelca Leila Balisado-Villarin
Journal Writing Entries
September 3, 2010

1. Kailan mo naramdamang nakakaluwag ka sa buhay
(1. When do you feel/know that you are nakakaluwag in life?)

1. I would consider myself nakakaluwag (living with ease) in life when I can actually buy things that I want – those that may not be considered necessities but makes life more comfortable and enjoyable. I would also say that I feel that I am nakakaluwag (living with ease) when I can do things that are pleasurable (e.g. vacation, fine dining) without compromising [the] basic needs. I also believe that those times that I get to enjoy my time with my family and friends without the worries of money or time or work, are also times when you actually feel nakakaluwag (living with ease).

Experiencing life with ease (nakakaluwag sa buhay) is to have extra money to buy more than just the basic needs, to buy things that make life more comfortable and enjoyable, to share quality time with your fellow beings (with family members, friends), to be free from the worries of life

2. Ano ang pakiramdam ng nakakaluwag sa buhay?
(2. What is the feeling of nakakaluwag in life?)

2. Masaya, I feel happy that I need not worry about the needs of my family. It is a state that one gets to enjoy life at its full. I feel a sense of freedom as well. I also feel secured – materially, emotionally and spiritually.

Experiencing life with ease (nakakaluwag sa buhay) is a joyful feeling, free from worries, having a sense of freedom, well-being and contentment

3. Sa mga pagkakataong nakakaluwag ka sa buhay, saang bahagi ng buhay mo matatagpuan ang mga sumusunod? 3.1 ang Diyos, 3.2 ang iyong sarili, 3.3 ang iyong kapwa, at 3.4 ang kalikasan
(3. In the many situations that you are nakakaluwag in life, what part of your life do you find the following? 3.1 God, 3.2 self, 3.3 fellow being 3.4 creation)

3.1 Napakahalaga sa akin ang spiritual aspect ng aking buhay (The spiritual aspect of my life is very important to me). This defines in a way, how I view things in life. Sa akin kasi, pag ramdam ko na ako ay nakakaluwag sa buhay (To me, when I felt living with ease in my life), malaking bahagi noon ay dahil sa malakas na pananampalataya sa Diyos (a big part of is due to [my] strong faith in God). I know that it is God’s work and blessings. In a sense, God remains to be the center of my being and my life.

Experiencing life with ease (nakakaluwag sa buhay) is living the values of faith, faith in God’s providence

3.3 Kapag nakakaluwag ka sa buhay, isa sa mga una mong maiisip ay ang ibahagi ito lalong lalo na sa iyong pamilya (When you are living with ease in life, one of the first thing that you can think of is to share this, most especially with your family). For me, my family comes first, whether during times of difficulties or not. And when you see other people who do not have, you feel the need to share them whatever blessings you have – marami man o hindi (whether they are big or small). I think for Filipinos, kahit konti, ang mahalaga ang pag-alaala sa kapakanan ng iba (no matter how small it maybe, what matters most is the concern [and care ] for the well-being of others).

Experiencing life with ease (nakakaluwag sa buhay) is an opportunity to find joy and joyfully share and help those who are in need most, to simply give, to have space (compassion) for others

4. Anong mga aral ang itinuturo sayo ng mga karanasang nakakaluwag sa buhay?
(4. What lessons do the experiences of nakakaluwag in life teach you?)

4. When you receive blessings, be thankful. No matter how simple or small such gift may be, be grateful. Share with families and friends. Save enough – avoid the bahala na (leaves everything to chance) mentality. Enjoy life.

Experiencing life with ease (nakakaluwag sa buhay) is to be grateful and thankful to God as a source of blessings, to joyfully share to those who are in need most, to live the values of thrift and saving for the future

5. Anong mga aral sa iyong pakiramdam na ituturo mo sa iyong kapwa?
(5. What lessons do you feel/think you will teach others?)

5. Maybe if there is one thing that I would want other people to learn from my experience of nakakaluwag, it is the lesson of saving. For many Filipinos, the bahala na (leaves everything to chance) mentality is predominant. We tend to be very spontaneous that even when we do things, when we make decisions, we forget to consider the future. So gagastos ka kasi may pera ka ngayon (you squander your money away because you have them now) without considering that you are actually spending the money that is supposed to be for tomorrow’s needs.

Experiencing life with ease (nakakaluwag sa buhay) is to live the values of thrift and saving for the future

KEY CONCEPTS:

• Experiencing life with ease (nakakaluwag sa buhay)
o is to have extra money to buy more than just the basic needs,
o to buy things that make life more comfortable and enjoyable,
o to share quality time with your fellow beings (with family members, friends),
o to be free from the worries of life
o is a joyful feeling, free from worries, having a sense of freedom, well-being and contentment
o is living the values of faith, faith in God’s providence
o is an opportunity to find joy and joyfully share and help those who are in need most,
o to simply give,
o to have space (compassion) for others
o is to be grateful and thankful to God as a source of blessings,
o to joyfully share to those who are in need most,
o to live the values of thrift and saving for the future
o is to live the values of thrift and saving for the future

Keywords courtesy of MetaGlance:
"life",
"sa buhay",
"nakakaluwag",
"ease",
"share",
"ang",
"experiencing life",
"contentment",
"worries",
"joyful",
"compassion",
"time",
"families",
"freedom",
"enjoy",
"money",
"mga",
"bahala na",
"values",
"friends",
"nakakaluwag ka",
"matatagpuan",
"faith",
"blessings"