Tuesday, September 28, 2010

14 Gary Ador Dionisio Journal Writing Entries

Asian Social Institute
Gary Ador Dionisio
Journal Writing Entries
September 28, 2010

1. Kailan mo naramdamang nakakaluwag ka sa buhay
(1. When do you feel/know that you are nakakaluwag in life?)

The moment I feel that I’m nakakaluwag (living with ease) in life is the time that I have more than enough of my blessings which I shared with my family and loved ones. The blessings and resources that I’m talking here are not only material that was obviously God given, but also psycho- social and even political. To be specific, I’m nakakaluwag (living with ease), if I have an enough food to eat, a modest place to stay, a good time for self while reading books and sipping coffee or beer and listening to music, and quarterly out of town and a (bonus travel abroad). But also, it includes political participation and discourses with friends in the academe and some people in the government. If I made all of this, I’m in the state of nakakaluwag (life of ease).

Experiencing life with ease (nakakaluwag sa buhay) is to have extra money to buy more than just the basic needs, to buy things that make life more comfortable and enjoyable, to share quality time with your fellow beings (with family members, friends)

2. Ano ang pakiramdam ng nakakaluwag sa buhay?
(2. What is the feeling of nakakaluwag in life?)

For me, I have so much joy in my heart because every time that I feel nakakaluwag (life with ease) in my life because I have the opportunities to provide a helping hand to my family and loved ones. I feel that God is really taking care of me despite all the hardships and setbacks that I encountered in the years of my journey in life.

Experiencing life with ease (nakakaluwag sa buhay) is a joyful feeling, living the values of joyful helping, to be grateful to God in difficult times (panahon ng kagiptan), a hopeful living to face life’s trials, being able to cope with problems and concerns, free from worries

3. Sa mga pagkakataong nakakaluwag ka sa buhay, saang bahagi ng buhay mo matatagpuan ang mga sumusunod? 3.1 ang Diyos, 3.2 ang iyong sarili, 3.3 ang iyong kapwa, at 3.4 ang kalikasan
(3. In the many situations that you are nakakaluwag in life, what part of your life do you find the following? 3.1 God, 3.2 self, 3.3 fellow being 3.4 creation)

3.1 With all honesty, I believe that what I have right now that make me nakakaluwag sa buhay (live life with ease) are not because of my sheer luck or even my knowledge and information but rather these are gifts of God to me. I believe that God showered me with all these things to share and take care of my family and loved ones which I think one of my missions in life.

Experiencing life with ease (nakakaluwag sa buhay) is living the values of faith, faith in God’s providence
3.2 Second, because of this belief God also allows me to enjoy the best in life but with a strong commitment to be active in exposing and opposing the ills of ours society and helping to propose possible solutions on these problems and concerns.

Experiencing life with ease (nakakaluwag sa buhay) is to live the values of faith, of joyful helping, of having sense of responsibility, of fulfillment in doing a social obligation.

3.3 Third, I have a strong solidarity with my fellow being especially the poor and oppress I believe those who have more in life should always help the oppress.

Experiencing life with ease (nakakaluwag sa buhay) is an opportunity to joyfully share and help those who are in need most, to simply give, to have space (compassion) for others

4. Anong mga aral ang itinuturo sayo ng mga karanasang nakakaluwag sa buhay?
(4. What lessons do the experiences of nakakaluwag in life teach you?)

Life is too short, it is important that we should have a clear sense of purpose in life or reason for being. Nakakaluwag (life of ease) is only a state in life and this is not permanent, there are times that we are no longer nakakaluwag (living with ease) or too much nakakaluwag (ease of living) but at the end of the day you have the opportunity to share your blessings, you have the chance to make a difference, you have the situation to change our society for the better.

Experiencing life with ease (nakakaluwag sa buhay) is an opportunity to joyfully share to those who are in need most in whatever situations in life you are in, either nakakaluwag (ease) or hindi nakakaluwag or gipit (without ease)

5. Anong mga aral sa iyong pakiramdam na ituturo mo sa iyong kapwa?
(5. What lessons do you feel/think you will teach others?)

As I mentioned earlier, there no such thing as permanent in this world, but if you have a clear sense of purpose in life, nakakaluwag (life of ease) is only a situation or condition to further implement your purpose in life, nakakaluwag (living with ease) will make your life easier and also will make your life more fulfilling.

Experiencing life with ease (nakakaluwag sa buhay) is to live the values of having as sense of meaning and purpose, of sense of gratitude

KEY CONCEPTS:

• Experiencing life with ease (nakakaluwag sa buhay) is
o to have extra money to buy more than just the basic needs, to buy things that make life more comfortable and enjoyable, to share quality time with your fellow beings (with family members, friends)
o a joyful feeling, living the values of joyful helping, to be grateful to God in difficult times (panahon ng kagiptan), a hopeful living to face life’s trials, being able to cope with problems and concerns, free from worries
o living the values of faith, faith in God’s providence
o to live the values of faith, of joyful helping, of having sense of responsibility, of fulfillment in doing a social obligation.
o an opportunity to joyfully share and help those who are in need most, to simply give, to have space (compassion) for others
o an opportunity to joyfully share to those who are in need most in whatever situations in life you are in, either nakakaluwag (ease) or hindi nakakaluwag or gipit (without ease)
o to live the values of having as sense of meaning and purpose, of sense of gratitudeto have space (compassion) for others
o is to be grateful and thankful to God as a source of blessings,
o to joyfully share to those who are in need most,
o to live the values of thrift and saving for the future
o is to live the values of thrift and saving for the future

Keywords courtesy of MetaGlance:
"life",
"nakakaluwag",
"ease",
"sa buhay",
"share",
"joyful",
"experiencing life",
"values",
"opportunity",
"help",
"time",
"sense",
"ang",
"problems",
"society",
"compassion",
"faith",
"gratitude",
"concerns",
"mga",
"situations",
"purpose",
"blessings",
"fellow"